Monday, June 13, 2011

6.13.11

I've been putting it off for weeks... but today I finally spent the entire day cleaning up the office/ drawing room at home.  I wouldn't say I'm done by any means, but I am far more organized than I was 12 hours ago.

I cleaned up the top of the book shelf and bought a few new green Ikea boxes today for filing receipts for the year.

And the major overhaul was to my magnet board/ storage system for clients and drawings.  I've always had piles of paper everywhere... not anymore.  Today I decided to go with envelops for every client and project that I am currently working on.  If it needs to be drawn, it goes up on the magnet board.  Once it's been drawn and outlined, it goes into a file on the book shelf.   It makes so much more sense, and is a thousand times cleaner.  Oh... and I probably won't be misplacing tracings anymore...I really wish I had "before" pictures of the magnet board, but here's how it looks now-
"Water, fire, air and dirt Fucking magnets, how do they work? And I don’t wanna talk to a scientist Y’all motherfuckers lying, and getting me pissed."
...contrary to what ICP may think, it's fairly logical how magnets work.  I bought these rare earth magnets that will hold up to 3 pounds today.  Pretty sweet.

No comments: