Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Sept 1

I started this blog a long time ago.   It didn't get much use at first... Then in 2011, I decided to use blogger as a form of motivation, by posting once a day.  I also remember clearly at that time that I titled my blog "Welcome to the Log Cabin."  I was living in Edmonton, but starting to spend more and more of my free time in the mountains.  I wanted to challenge myself to post daily in the hopes it would motivate me to draw more, paint more, share more art, and to share the time we spend outdoors...  it may sound dramatic, but in 2011, I dreamed of living in a small mountain town, but did not in any way think that it could ever be a reality....

Today is Sept 1st and the smell of autumn is finally in the air.  Temperatures are starting to slowly drop and the nights are becoming cool and crisp.  It's my favorite time of year, and it dawned on me the other day that I'm not exactly sure how it all happened... but I'm almost exactly where I wanted to be 4 years ago....

...I'm working on drawing new flash for the shop on a crisp autumn night, in an small town in the mountains, living in a cabin in the woods over looking the mountains and lake....

Welcome back to the log cabin everyone.  Thanks for stopping by! 


---Shawn---