Monday, January 24, 2011

1.24.11

Needless to say, Chad Koeplinger's work is phenomenal, but it's his general down to earth attitude towards tattooing being a job that really makes him amazing. He's probably one of the only tattooists that I can stand to listen to or read about when interviewed.

I found these today and they're hilarious, but pretty damn accurate for aftercare. I can never understand WHY it is so hard to get clients to LEAVE THE DAMN BANDAGE ON FOR CLOSE TO 24HRS.

This is almost a weekly conversation at the studio after longer tattoo sessions-

Me- So, you'll want to leave the bandage on for about 24hrs...
Client- Yea... I'm going to go home and probably take if off in 3-4hrs...
Me- Please don't, your tattoo will produce huge, thick scabs and heal like shit. Here's why...
Client- Yea... I'll definitely take it off before going to bed...
Me- Please don't, at least sleep with it on... I leave my bandage on for a full 24 hrs when I get tattooed. Trust me, it works.
Client- ... well, okay...

Client (a few weeks later)- Yea... so I took the bandage off after about 3-4 hrs, and it got these huge cookie scabs... it lost a bunch of colour and healed like shit... it was really sore for like a week... I don't know what happened...
Me- .......

Anyways... have a watch if your interested, have a laugh, he sure is...






"Come on man, don't pick it... you're not 8..." amazing.

No comments: