Sunday, February 6, 2011

2.6.11

My back feels a bit better today, but unfortunately not good enough to make the trip up to Banff. I feel really bad about having to cancel a trip to the mountains with my Dad, and almost convinced myself that I felt good enough to go when speaking with him earlier today. As bad as I felt about having to cancel the trip, I'm fairly glade I didn't end up going.... now that it's the end of the night, it's starting to stiffen up again... so who know how it would have felt after a 5 hr road trip...

So that means I took most of today off and did nothing at all. Over the last 5 years, I've come to realize and love the fact that Teagan is amazing at finding new music. She loves the hunt as much as I do, and I'm constantly falling in love with new artists she discovers. It's awesome to have a bit of time to go through our iTunes library and see what new things she's added that she hasn't told me about yet.

I've never felt comfortable in large groups of people, probably why I spent a lot of time doing solitary things as a kid. Skateboarding, Skiing, biking, drawing... hell, even when I did try playing a "team" sport, I played goalie, the most solitary position on the team. These are all things you can do while you're friends are around you, but in the moment, they're all things that you do and experience alone.

It makes sense that so many kids who grew up skateboarding became tattooists. It's a mind set, it's a certain type of person. There can be a huge group of people in the room while I'm tattooing, but it's just so easy to enter a zone where you become so engaged in what you're doing, the people and the noise just disappear... I loved that feeling growing up and still do today.

I'm rambling... for me, this song definitely captures that feeling. Especially the first few lines...

On the good ol' side bar on youtube, I also rediscovered this. I remember seeing this commercial as a teenager. I've done this so many times... driven to a party, pulled up, and drive away with the few friends in the car. I've probably driven away from more parties than I've gone to...
... and to bring this post full circle...

No comments: