Wednesday, July 6, 2011

7.6.11

This pretty much sums up how I feel about the first part of my day....
I can't say I've ever had a good experience with DHL... but today was over the top ridiculous.  It's not rocket science, you're not curing cancer, you're shipping and holding packages, which apparently is too much to ask from a shipping company.  After 45 mins on the phone yesterday, 30 mins this morning, and being told to drive out to the west end dispatch to pick up my package,  I finally ended up at the airport dispatch (in case you're not from Edmonton, the airport is nowhere near the west end).  After seeing first hand how they run their show at the airport, I can confirm that they have absolutely no idea what they're doing, and I will never have anything shipped via DHL again.  I will pay extra if it means not having to use DHL.  Never again...

Positive things about today- 

I ran 10 km, which is a big deal for someone who does not/hates running.  Now I can hardly walk....

... and finally... Canada Post gets it right, as they ALWAYS do.  6 lbs of books in that box.  I loved Canada Post before, I love them even more after dealing with DHL today.  New books = Awesome.

No comments: