Monday, February 21, 2011

2.20.11

One of my goals this year was to start painting more often, and I'd say so far that's be a 100% success. The last few years I've barley produced anything other than drawings for tattoos. I'd paint the odd thing every now and then, but usually because it had to be done. I painted 2 skateboards last year for the Deadly Tattoos Art Show, as there was no way I was going to turn down that invite.... and that's about all I can think of for paintings in 2010.... Oh yea, I painted a really cool little beaver rose morph while doing a guest spot at Deadly last year as well. 3 paintings total....

So far this year, I've finished 2 prints, a painting for Teagan, 5 sheets of flash, and 2 longboards. So in 2 months I've already produced more than 3 times the amount I did all of last year. Pretty satisfying. And there's more to come....

I finished up the longboards that were commissioned by a client tonight. I was fairly happy with them upon completion of the painting... and then I applied this magic elixrAdding a clear coat to an acrylic painting changes everything. It just smooths everything out and give it a consistent finish. Super excited to give these to my client tomorrow. She should definitely be the first one to see them. Sorry bloggers, you'll have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments: